Welcome to the third week of the 2017 MTBoS blogging initiative! Remember that you can ALWAYS jump in and blog for any week! You can just start this week, or go back and complete the previous missions if you would like. We would love to have you!
Many of you probably landed here because of blogposts written by other math teachers. So, this week let’s all give back to the community by sharing our favorite blog post or posts!
This week, the prompt is Read and Share!
We will read blog posts by other math educators and then chose one (or many) to write about on our blogs.
You can either:
- Write about a single blogpost. Please leave a comment on their post!
- Compile a bunch of blogposts that you love. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- You can pick a bunch of various posts.
- You can blog around a theme. Examples:
- A unit you are getting ready to cover
- Helpful classroom tools or ideas
- People or posts that inspire you
- And more and more!!
- You can read blogs by people who are in your area and blog about them. Yes, the #MTBoS has a search engine that can show you that!
Please include a link back to the post(s) your are referring to in your post. To add a link to your post, highlight the text you want to link, and then click the paperclip looking icon.
Where to find great posts!
RIGHT HERE is a great place to start, especially since many of our contributors are first time bloggers and would love to get feedback. Please look through the posts from the first two weeks of this initiative (listed at the end of this post) and pick one that appeals to you, then blog about it!
Yes! That exists! Google search is great, but has it’s limitation. This is a Google Search that was designed by John Stevens, and is the number one place to search for topics ONLY from blogs posts. The example below shows the results on a search for quadratics.
The #MTBoS directory helps you find teachers in the #MTBoS using many different parameters, including geographical region, academic content/interest, special interests and more! You can also add yourself to the directory!
Deadline: Press submit by the end of the day Saturday, January 21, 2017.
Once you are finished with your blog post, fill out the form below and your blog post will be featured on this site next week!